Monday, May 10, 2010

Crossed the Country

I finally made it to San Diego, having criss-crossed the country and running up a grand total of 4,076 miles since leaving Arlington, VA.

I met quite a few friends along the way, some old and some new. My Marine buddies were like family, and it was a treat to see them all. I also met up with an old high school friend who ended up riding a Harley like me, and another friend I hadn't seen in quite a spell.

There were new friends along the way as well. In Hattiesburg MS I met up with the Director and Assistant Director of ABATE of Mississippi, Paul and Robbie. And in Monroe LA I crossed paths with Cut-Thru and Squirrel, both of ABATE of Louisiana. These fine folks took time out of their busy days to talk power politics with me, and they are valuable allies in the fight for our rights.

I ended up smack dab in the middle of the 16th Annual Regional Rally for ABATE of California, and promptly got adopted by the fine members of Local 11. What a great event, with a large turnout, a great band, and some really good company around the campfire. And when the ABATE of CA officers spoke to the crowd, guess what they talked about?

CAMPAIGN VOLUNTEERING

Anyway, I believe that memories are what we experience on the road of life. And when I'm an oldie, I'll have lots of goodies.

- RIDE2REPEAL@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment